Sunday, August 15, 2010

Beautiful- Christina Aguilar



Insecurities

There are some days where I feel very confident and feel that I can conquer the world. And then there are other days when I am very insecure. On my insecure days, I am very insecure. With that, I am worried. I have been very insecure pretty often lately. I know that my selfworth comes from Christ but knowing it in my head and knowing it in my heart are two different things. Right now I know it in my head, thats it.

I question everything about myself . And then it doesnt help that people add to these insecurities. I took a personality quiz last week and I was reading the results to some of my friends. Most of the characteristics I agreed with. It amazes my how accurate these little tests can be. So hear are my results.

ISFJ (introvert, Sensor, Feeter, Judge)
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Work devotedly to meet their obligations. Lend stability to any project or group. Thorough, painstaking, accurate. May need time to master technical subjects, as their interests are usually not technical. Patient with detail and routine. Loyal, considerate, concerned with how other people feel.


So definately not the quiet. But I really felt like that it described me, especially in a work setting. But when I started to read this list to my friends, I refused to read the whole thing to them. One person thought it was HILARIOUS that these results included responsible. I couldnt even get to the end of the first line because it just brought me down SO much that she thought that it was so ridiculous that I couldnt even keep going. And it brought me down even more that the other 2 sitting there didnt stand up for me when they could see that I visibly upset.

I know its just me doubting myself. But I start asking myself this question - Do others see me different than I see myself?

You know what!! As I read over that list, over and over and over and over again, I realized that I am that person. I am very responsible. I am always someone that others want helping them at school because I get it done and I get it done right! I enjoy accuracy and others being accurate- I think that comes with being a math teacher. I love routines and rely on them. And last but not least I care very much how other people feel. Sometimes I care too much how they feel about me or others but still.


The song above is beautiful. I am beautiful, no matter what they say. Words cant bring me down! Now I just need to live by those words! :)

1 comment:

  1. Christi you are responsible, even more so than I am. The person that was laughing is a fool. You are one of the most beautiful person I know. I am the same way with self worth. I can get myself very very low. I am actually going to write a book about it since it is something that I struggle with. I will let you read it when I get anywhere near done.

    ReplyDelete