Today as I was doing laundry and admiring the many different state quarters that I had in my pocket I began to wonder if all American money still had "In God we trust" written on it. To my surprise yes! Now I know I should of known for a fact that it was but I started to think about it.
Many people, Christians included, believe that Government and religion should be seperated. I don't think I believe that.
If you do believe that there should be a seperation then this is my question for you "Why does it then matter what religion Obama or Bush or any other public official is?" I can tell you why! Because we know that with religion comes a set of morals, a set of beliefs, a set of guidelines to how we live. And that is not just the Christian religion. Many religions have a set of morals, beliefs and guidelines on how to live. We care if our leaders are Christians because then we hope and believe that he is going to live by Gods guidelines. The guidelines that this country was built on. The guidelines that our money and other American things (statues, documents, etc) still to this day proclaim.
What bothers me is that our money says "In God we trust" but as a whole that is not what we believe. Now there are many that do, and many that say that do (but they don't). If government and religion are seperate then why do we still have it on our money? Money that has been made recently?
When are we going to take a stand and bring this country back to God. Our money proclaims that we are relying on him! Many of our statues and documents proclaim that we rely and trust in Him. Why are we handing our government over to non-believers?
And I did want to point out, it says in GOD we trust, not; in Buddha we trust, in Gods we trust, in Muhammad we trust, in nothing we trust, in money we trust, in man we trust, in Obama we trust, etc. IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!
You preach it sister!
ReplyDelete