I have been thinking about the people in my life. I think there are 3 types of people in my life.
1. Friends that are only there for a season. These come into my life and spend a season or two. They dont stick around too long but they are there for you in those few months or even a few years. At any given time I usually have a good amount of "season" friends. Especially in college I had these.
2. Friends that are "lifers". These are people that are there for you. I may not talk to them everyday or even every week but when I need them they are there. I have very few lifers and I think that that's how it should be. I don't need a lot of lifers, just enough.
3. Then there is family. Yes these can be "season" friends that never leave :) or lifers or just family. Nuff said!
I sometimes wonder if we try to make our "season" friends "lifers". I think when we understand how God is using that friend, either as a seasonal or lifer friend, then we won't get offended or hurt when a seasonal friend has to move on.
Thats all I have for today! :)
I do think that we try to make season friends lifers. I am guilty of that do. Most of the time we just want to hang on for one reason or another. I love you Nina!
ReplyDelete