I AM DEDICATING A WHOLE ENTRY TO PICTURES! SO BE PATIENT! :)
I want to start with that I loved the trip and the ladies that I went with. I most likely will never go back but it was still pretty awesome. I learned so much about the city and about my travel buddies! :) I thought that I would start with what we did while were there.
December 28- DAY 1
Woke up early (4 am to be exact) got things together to meet Beth and Laura at Laura's house at 5 am! Left my phone at the house and then turned around to get it and ended up leaving it in my car (on accident). Great Start . . . I know!
Flight was on time, though for a second there we thought we were going to miss it. We got there an hour early and decided to get breakfast but while eating missed the calls for our flight to board and luckily Laura heard the last boarding call while I was in line for Diet coke and Beth was in another line for . . . water I think. Laura almost had a panic attack!
Got to New York, on time, and went to get my luggage to find out that . . . mine didnt show up. We waited for what seemed like forever. Beth went and asked about it and they assured me that it was coming. Beth and Laura were so positive and I ate lemon heads to keep calm! :) Finally after probably 20 minutes of waiting my luggage shows up . . . with an additional surprise. The back half of my luggage was covered in snow! Yay! But by Gods grace nothing in my luggage was wet!
After that we went to find out how to get to our hotel and the options were not looking good. With the road conditions being horrindously bad and mounds of white stuff that I sooned recognized by the freezing cold temperatures to be snow (LOL) there were very few taxis, busses or other modes of transportation available. So we waited in line for an hour and a half or so for a taxi. Yes taxi drivers are scary but from my trip I realize that its not their fault EVERYONE in New York drives like a maniac!
We get to our hotel, check in and see our room. Our teeny tiny room. It had 2 beds that were between the size of a twin and a queen. Between each bed was about a foot. Between the wall and each bed was maybe 3 inches, between the beds and the dresser and small closet was about a foot! So it was tiny. We moved stuff around to fit our luggage on the dressers and window seal.
After settling in we decided to go see Rockerfeller Center. We had tickets to the rockettes that night and wanted to see the tree and the ice skating rink beforehand. We decided to try out the subway while we were at it. (Just to make things clear, in one day we drove our cars, took a plane, took a taxi, took the subway and walked) The tree was beautiful but I am getting ahead of myself. Lets start with the subway . . . so we had no clue what we were doing so we had the bright idea to ask for help. On the plane ride over the lady sitting next to me told me all kinds of pointers, one of them being that New Yorkers were nice and would help me if we got lost. So we asked a store clerk and she told us to get on and ride to the end . . . we thought that sounded wrong so we tried an officer (after wondering around looking like lost tourists for a while) that helped us and we made it. The subway was NOT clean but it was a good way of getting around.
Rockerfeller center and Radio city was beautiful. The tree was amazing. The only surprise was the rink was much smaller than what was expected. At the time no one was on it but we waited and finally they let people on to skate. We chose not to embarress ourselves in front of the hundreds of on lookers that were watching. But with the angels, the tree, the skating rink, the huge fake snowflakes and the real snow . . . it was a site! Laura got in trouble by a cop, which was hilarious. Tons of people were standing on the benches to get a good picture but when Laura did it an officer came to her and said "Mam, Mam?" and of course Laura responded "Yes?" and he didnt respond so Laura asked "Do you want me to get down?" and he nodded yes! It was so funny but she got the shot!
That area was beautiful with the Christmas lights, decorations, and sounds. We went to the rockettes a little early. Radio City Hall was decorated so beautifully (Martha Stewart did the decorations). The Rockettes show was amazing. Yes everything was beautiful and they danced beautifully but the best part was that they acted out the Christmas story. They read the Christmas story as well, I dont think they mentioned that it was from the Bible and it wasn't word for word from the Bible but it was the Biblical version of the Christmas story! It was beautiful!
That night though, I crashed! They said I was asleep the minute I hit the pillow and was snoring (which I didnt know I did).
In all it was a great first day in NYC! Til day 2 of NYC, adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment