Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution

For those of you seeking a post on my New York expereinces that is to come in the next couple of days or so when I have pictures to attach!

So every year I make New Year's Resolutions. I enjoy taking the time to reflect on the previous year and to think about the new year. Change is going to happen in the new year and thats just how life is. Anyone who knows me knows that I dislike change. It scares me, not knowing what is in the future and what is going to change. But things are going to change, the only question is what in my life is going to change and in what direction. The world is changing and therefore everything around me is going to change. I can either conform to the changes of the world and go with the flow or I can give God control and allow Him to change me. So my New Years resolution for this year is to seek God more and more each day. Allow Him to make the necessary changes to my heart and my life and surrender. Surrendering, in case you didnt know, is not giving up some or part but ALL. So if I surrender and give Him control things are going to change.

Now I don't believe in making a resolution without a plan on how to accomplish that resolution. So my plan is to spend time every morning with Him. Normally I spend time at night but I know that for my life spending time in the morning is best. It starts my day out right and on a good note. I plan to faithfully attend Sunday school and Sunday church services. And last but not least but to serve. Serve others in some way that will bring glory to God and not to myself. I have found that God reveals a lot to me through serving others. Not only is it humbling but it draws me closer to Him.

So with all the change that is going to occur in the new year I hope you have a plan. I encourage, no I challenge you to make New Years resolutions this year and a plan to stick to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment