December 31 Day 4
So this is the last full day that we were there and I must admit we were EXHAUSTED! But we still got up early and took the subway so that we could be on the Early Show! It was so awesome to be there to experience it. I know it sounds small and silly but I really enjoyed it.
Since FAO Schwatz is right next to the Early show we thought we would hang out for a while on 5th avenue until FAO Schwartz opened (all so I could play the large piano). So we went on a hunt for Tiffany's so that we could drink our hot chocolate in front of the store. On the walk we saw every big-wig in fashion you could imagine. If it's expensive the store was there on 5th avenue. It was crazy! Finally found Tiffany's, but they were closed, so we just took a picture in front of the store. It was awesome.
Finally FAO Schwartz, which as you may have noticed I don't know how to spell and am too lazy to look up the spelling. So at 10:00, 2 men dressed in the crazy get up (wait for pics to understand) opened the doors while the entire staff lined the entrance and applauded! Of course I acted like a moron and pretended to be a star, walking the red carpet, blowing kisses and thanking them! LOL Laura and Beth I don't think were proud to be with me at that moment but oh well, it was so fun. I played the big piano and then finally Beth decided to give it a try! She wanted to do a duet but I had already had my turn. 2 guys from the store even put on a show playing the large piano where they danced and played a duet at the same time. Pretty cool!
After FAO Schwartz we walk central park for a while and took some very pretty pictures there. The snow was so beautiful which I am sure that central park is pretty as it is but with it covered in a foot of snow it was stunning. (Pictures to come) Since we didn't get to finish the uptown tour the day before we went ahead and hopped on the bus. And while riding on the top of the double decker bus as we drove through Times Square we got to see Ryan Seacrest do an interview. He was inches away it was so awesome! Mom's mad that I didn't tell him how much she loved him since we were that close but oh well.
We went out that night for a nice Italian dinner since it was New Year's Eve and all. We found this amazing little Italian restraunt and again Iwish I could of brought it back. It was amazing. :) We thought that it would be cool to get a look at times square since it was still early (it was only around 6:00 or 6:30) but we couldnt even get within 3 blocks of it because of how many people there were. It was so crazy! So we bought some sparkling orange drink, we were limited on choices, and headed back to the hotel room. We barely stayed up til Midnight but we made it, toasted and crashed! :)
Until Day 5, Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment