December 30 Day 3
Again we had bus tour passes and this time decided to do the downtown tour. These tours were so great not only because of how informative they were but we could also get off and back on pretty much any time we wanted.
Our first stop we decided to go to was Macy's! The best part about Macy was not only how huge the store was but the window displays! I don't think I can describe the window displays but I will try. They talked or had music and they moved. Macy's used sceens from popular movies such as miracle on 34th street and so forth. They were so animated and detailed. By the way Macy's is located on 34th street if others didnt catch on to that.
While we were in the neighborhood we went to the empire state building. We hadnt planned on going up since usually the lines are so crazy long but when we were there the lines were only 15 minutes long. So we decided to go ahead and ride, yes ride not climb, up to the 83rd floor. The view was beautiful. You could see New York in all directions. There were no obstructions and you see as far as you could imagine. It was very windy and cold up there but it was worth it. I think the best view was of the Brooklyn bridge and of the statue. I can from any angle and any distance both of those would be an amazing view.
Then we went to China town where I had some of the most amazing (and cheap) Chinese food ever! It was so good I just wanted to bring the little Chinese woman home with us so we could always have food that good. We had heard about the amazing shopping in China town so while we were there we went shopping. All three of us bought new purses and I bought some pashmina scarfs. We didn't go and see little Italy since it is now so small, it is only one block now.
We went to Wall street which is named Wall street since their once was a wall there to keep someone out, I dont remember who though. We got to see the bull on wall street. We saw the United Nations which on the first day we saw it did not have flags flying which meant they werent in session but on the next day the flags were flying which meant they were there. The United Nations is not American territory so when you are there you aren't in America, which I found very interesting.
We saw the Brooklyn bridge and the port. And spent the rest of the day on the tour. Our goal was to do the city lights tours at night but once we got back to our room we were not leaving. So we went and got dinner and went to bed early!
Til day 4! Adios
oooh, I'm loving all these! Who knew the bus tour was so great?! Can't wait til day 4!
ReplyDelete